Global Alliance on Tech Transfer & Entrepreneurship (GATE)
Global Alliance for Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurship (GATE)
Vision: “To connect innovative ideas to opportunities.”
To establish IPFW’s first interdisciplinary and collaborative resource for global economic engagement in support of IPFW’s and NIIC’s shared objectives:
Enhance meaningful experiential educational student opportunities
Strengthen the mission of research and education;
Attract more international students to IPFW degree programs,
Create jobs, and
Develop regional entrepreneurial capacity and innovative companies.
We will use GATE to stimulate economic development in northeast Indiana through the transfer and spin-off of technology developed in university-based incubation centers through global alliance partners. This partnership is the first of its kind and size to be established. Today, GATE has eight signatories from Taiwan. Moscow, Russia, and India have also expressed interest in joining the alliance.
Mission Statement: “To Inspire Globally-Centered Student Learning”
Establishment of a global partnership network whose activities will be focused on:
· Mutually beneficial economic development activity—
o IP sharing
o Technology transfer & licensing
o Commercialization activities between and among Alliance partners,
· Launching of innovative technologies and ventures contributing to the economic development goals of a region or country—
o In some cases, partners may wish to form the venture and to globally launch in US with local partners, or to establish a sales/distribution office.
o In other cases, the professor or university may wish to be involved in commercialization of the technology, or simply license the technology for commercialization elsewhere without ongoing involvement.
GAT2E will focus on three key interrelated priorities:
1. It will make an international market for “orphaned” intellectual property (IP).
2. It will engage international business and educational resources in the commercialization of international IP.
3. Member universities and incubators throughout the world will help form new companies to commercialize international IP in their locales.